Homeopathy & MENOPAUSE...
Cessation of menstruation at the end of the reproductive life is termed as menopause. It occurs usually between the ages of 45 and 55. If it occurs before 40 it indicates some sort of dishormony. In other words we can say that the period when the ability to bear children and menstruation stops. This transition may not always be easy and may leads to many physical and emotional problems. It is a time when a women needs great understanding. With cessation of menstruation the breasts and sexual organs dimnishes in size and mentally Women becomes depressed with low self esteem.
During menopause womans ovaries stop producing oestrogen and progesterone. Other body parts, including the adrenal glands, liver, brain and fatty tissues continue producing oestrogen. The unpleasent symptoms that some women feels while going through menopause are due to the cessation of the ovarian function and drop in hormone levels, which causes an ovarian imbalance.
Symptoms which may develop during menopause are:
1. Hot flushes
2. Night sweats
4. Irregular periods
6. Headaches and migrains
7. Low libido
8. Vaginal dryness
10. Mood swings
12. Weak memory
Fortunately,many of these problems responds well to homeopathy. In fact a lot of the dreaded symptoms can be avoided by adopting simple life style changes such as diet, excessive alcohol intake, smoking, calcium intake and stress.
Exercise: Regular excercise can boost your mood and reduces depression as it raises your endorphin level. Excercise can also reduce hot flushes.When combined with a healthy diet, excercise enhance your metabolic rate and helps to maintain proper body weight. Other benifits of excercise are prevention of bone density, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and the relief from depression and insomnia. Aerobic exercise may actually boost oestrogen levels as suggested by some studies.
Have Sex: Regular sexual activities along with stress management can reduce your risk of developing vaginal dryness. Some women have decreased sexual desire because of changes in self perception and life style stress which can be treated.
Stop Smoking: Smoking can leads to early symptoms of menopause ( smokers go through menopause two to three years earlier when compaired to non smokers ).It also increases your risk of osteoporosis and also contributes to premature ageing.
Drink Water: You should drink a minimum of eight glasses of water a day. If you are experiencing hot flushes, avoid hot drinks, like tea and coffee, alcohol and spicy foods. Also keep your work place and home cool. Wear loose clothing. Avoid confined spaces and hot, humid weather if possible.
1. Headache and Vertigo- Belladonna, China, Cimicifuga, Nat mur, Gelsimium, Glonoine, Sanguinaria, Xanthoxyllim.
2. Flushes and Congestions- Aconite, Lachesis, Sanguinaria, Jaborandi, Sepia, Sulphur, Veratrum vir, Nat mur.
3. Increased perspiration- China, Graphites, Hepar sulph, Jaborandi, Acid sulph, Veratrum Alb, Calc carb.
4. Palpitation of heart- Aconite, Cactus, China, Cratagus, Kali carb, Lachesis, Ignatia, Nat mur.
5. Haemorrhages- China, Crocus sat, Hammemelis, Hydrastis, Ipecac, Lachesis, Plumbum, Sabina, Sanguinaria, Sepia, Trillium.
6. Disorders of the digestion- Anacardium, Arg nit, Carbo veg, Carduus mar, China, Cocculus, Graphites, Ignatia, Lycopodium, Nat phos, Nux vom, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Sulphur.
7. Nervous disorders and exhaustion- China, Gelsemium, Ignatia, Moschus, Valeriana, Helonias.
8. Itching around the genital organs- Ambra grisea, Caladium, Carbo veg, Collinsonia, Conium, Sulphur.
9. Leucorrhoea- Arsenic Alb, Baryta Carb, Sepia, Helonias, Alumina.